Audi units are jingled for superb feat and maneuver in every driving state and unusual climatic conditions. All is possible only because of a vital mechanical part i.e. Audi driveshaft.
Definition of an Audi Driveshaft
An Audi driveshaft transmits power to the driving axle or wheel. This transmission of power is only possible with two flexible joints namely Universal joints (U-joints) & Constant Velocity joints (CV-joints). Further such power transmissions let the engine to generate power in best possible engine speeds.
More precisely we may say that a pair of driveshaft transmits power from a central differential, transmission, or transaxle to the wheels.
Significance of an Audi Driveshaft
Earlier chain drive or belt drive mechanisms were popular instead of driveshaft. Drive shafts are said to be the carter of torque meant for torsion and shear stress. That is why they should have strength enough to stand the stress. It is due to this reason they are made up of steel or aluminum and can be either solid or hollow by design. Also, at the same time too much load of weight may increase the inertia hence affecting the driveshaft.
Audi with all-wheel drive has a system which bears a resemblance to front-wheel drive outline. These days it is the most favored design as in this the torque is inclined to bring into being both four-wheel drive and front-wheel drive by a single driveshaft running the length of your Audi to the rear axle along with many shared components.
Audi's existing line-up of models like Audi Allroad Quattro, Audi Cabriolet, Audi Coupe, Audi Fox, Audi RS6, Audi TT, Audi V8 etc. are fitted with Audi driveshaft.
Symptoms of a faulty Audi Driveshaft
- Irrespective of type of a driveshaft your Audi is equipped with the joints may commence to undergo the ill-effects of rusting and other perilous substances.
- You may hear a grinding noise coming from the joints. This noise can be due to worn-out U-joints, slip joint abrasion, or attrition of a center support bearing.
- In case the Audi driveshaft is not installed or fitted properly, it may vibrate.
Precautions to be taken
- You must not over load the driveshaft.
- While replacing or repairing your Audi driveshaft you must also visually inspect the universal joint, center bearing and constant velocity joint.
- You must ensure the fitting of the universal joint, and its clamp bolts.
- Keep an eye on the lubrication of a Universal joint and if needed replace the gear lubricant.
- In case you are replacing the driveshaft of your own, the important point to be noted is that if you are connecting the shaft to the transmission, the only way to fix it is to rotate the drive shaft again and again till it slide into its place.
The auto market is available with a wide array from stock to a custom bent as per your need. No matter what you are looking in your custom bent Audi driveshaft, whether it should remind you of a basic stock drive shaft or any specialized application. We have the custom conversion specially made by considering the materials, design and specifications so as to build up a strong driveshaft that runs at the highest angle of any other drive shaft.