About Cadillac Escalade
Cadillac Escalade is a sports utility vehicle in the luxury segment offered by General Motors. The pioneer model of Cadillac
SUV first came into the markets in 1999. Since then it has undergone various transformations from the basic model competing with the Japanese and German SUV’s to emerge in its present form. Today the competitors to Cadillac Escalade
are some of the big names including Mercedes Benz (G and M Class), Lincoln Navigator, BMW X5, Lexus LX series etc.
The basic features of Cadillac Escalad
- A four wheel drive fitted with a V8 engine with 6.1 litre capacity giving the vehicle good power and performance.
- Automatic fuel transmission, power aided gas and brakes pedals, obstacle detection at the rear, tyre pressure monitor and automatic road sensing and adjusting suspension.
- The platinum edition of ESV also has added features DVD entertainment for the rear passengers, navigation system and 20 inch wheels made of chrome alloy. In the standard car models wheels are 17 inch and made of alloy.
- A longer wheel base giving a smooth drive on rough roads.
- Roomy interiors with ample head and leg space. Seats are plush and comfortable with foldable armrests. The centre console which serves as the front armrest also doubles up as a storage area.
- It is equipped with levelling suspension at the rear so that the vehicle does not lose control when heavily loaded.
- The vehicle affords a commanding road view to the drivers. All models are fitted with a rear obstacle detection system that helps the driver while backing the vehicle.
Models of Escalade
Cadillac Escalade is available as three different Escalade models
in market. The base model is the SUV Wagon. The second is Escalade ESV Wagon and Escalade EXT pickup truck is the third. The first two models are basically sports utility wagons with a seating capacity of seven. Alternatively Escalade EXT is a crew-cab pickup truck with four doors.
Owing a Cadillac Escalade
is considered status symbols. The vehicle is patronised by wealthy people including movie stars and sports men. Because of this Cadillac has also found place in various movies and advertisements also. Therefore car company
gives the option of tailoring the vehicle to suit ones specifications. Customers can request for large wheels or fitting chrome plated rims on their vehicles. An option is available for replacing the standard engine for a racing one for the racing enthusiasts. Other common customisation includes visual effects on the body and custom made paint colours. The Cadillac Escalade
thereby pampers it customers by offering them a vehicle of their choice.
Some may say that the gas guzzling Escalade is not very cost effective. But, this luxury SUV is aimed at that trend setting segment of the society who is not much worried about the cost of upkeep of this white elephant. They consider it prestigious to have this vehicle in their collection.