Information on Dodge
Dodge is an automobile company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA. The company previously called Dodge
Bothers Motor Vehicle Company now functions under the name of Chrysler LLC. It specializes in the production of cars (medium priced cars, muscle cars, and sports cars), high performance vehicles, sports utility vehicles, vans, pickup trucks and military vehicles.
The Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company was started by the Dodge
brothers, John Francis Dodge and Horace Elgin Dodge in 1914. Before 1914 the Dodge brothers were supplier f engines and other automobile pars to Ford. They began with the production of “Old Betsy”, a 110 inch wheelbase, L-head and 4-cylinder powered strong horse costing $785. The vehicle was so sturdy and dependable that it continued without modification till 1920. They also supplied the United States Amy with Dodge motor
trucks during the First World War in 1914. But the company stopped its truck production post war. The Dodge Company
was sold to Dillon Read & Company in 1925 for $148 million who in turn sold it to Chrysler Corporation in 1928. In 1998 Dodge became an ancillary of Daimler Chrysler.
Today the company boasts of an active presence in all the continents as a Daimler Chrysler subsidiary. From its humble beginning in Michigan, USA, the Dodge Company
spread itself to other parts of the world.
Exceptional performance, unique design and constructive innovation characterize every vehicle in the Dodge brand
. Be it trucks, vans, SUVs, cars every vehicle in the Dodge brand wagon live up to the Dodge slogan ‘grabbing life by the horns’.
- Dodge trucks/vans/SUVs are sturdy and rugged and easily
maneuverable. They are spacious and at the same time stylish. The Dodge trucks in the markets today are Dodge Ram and Dodge Dakota. The vans and SUVs currently available are Dodge Durango, Dodge Sprinter, Dodge Caravan, Dodge Grand Caravan, Dodge Journey and Dodge Nitro.
- Dodge car company carry with them a proud heritage of performance, style and attitude. The Dodge car family that is currently available in the market include Dodge Caliber, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Avenger and Dodge Viper.
- Dodge also boasts of a celebrated history of various models of cars, vans, trucks and SUVs through which the present models have materialized. Though not in production today they did the company proud when they were vogue.
The Dodge of Tomorrow
- The Dodge brand is undergoing continuous development in design and performance related issues. New models are being introduced in line with history. Also few models of the yesteryears are being revamped and brought into the market.
- Dodge Ram: In 2009 there is a proposal of re-thinking the design of present day Dodge Ram.
- Dodge Nitro: To hit the market this year. It is in SUV with a 4 wheel drive and 4 doors.
- Dodge Avenge: This second generation Avenger to be released in 2007 is a 4 door sedan. It is a far cry from its previous midsized car model that was available in the markets until 2000.
- DodgeChallenger: This pony vehicle is slotted for release in 2008.