Toyota Cold Air Intake
A Toyota cold air intake adds some extra horsepower to your Toyota when installed. This is achieved by significantly increasing the quantity of air supplied to the Toyota engine intake. This further adds to the combustion and also betters the mileage of your Toyota; moreover the gas that is in the chamber is further wholly ignited.
Now every car aficionado may garner their Toyota's full power potential just by fitting the Toyota cold air intake system.
The major brands manufacturing high quality Toyota cold air intake are K&N Intake, AEM Cold Air Intake, Injen, Volant Air Intake etc. To spice up how your Toyota engine looks you may add colorful Toyota cold air intakes available in flashy colors like red, blue, silver and polished metal. The Toyota cold air intake installation is a moderately difficult job and it requires the disassembling of the complete front end of the Toyota or may be removal of the wheels.
Due to the improved air flow through the filter, a bigger amount of dust and soot builds up on the filter as well. This compels detailed cleanings at each oil change. Unlike installation, cleaning of your Toyota cold air intake filter is simple and can be performed in few minutes. Here’s how:
- With help of the screwdriver undo and remove the air filter fastening band. Drag the air filter free from the intake.
- Use a solution of a few drops of dish detergent and a gallon of water to immerse the air filter for about 15 minutes. Take out the filter and shake and dry the filter. Use a fresh batch of cleaning solution and again immerse the filter for at least 15 minutes.
- Take the filter out of the solution, shake dry, and then lightly spurt the entire filter with the oil (to prevent from any possibilities of corrosion and it also aids in dirt entrapment).
- Allow proper drying of the filter and then reinstate it on the intake with help of the screwdriver.
Caution: Always keep in mind to cut off the battery before you start repairing or cleaning the intake system. Only start the dismounting process of the intake system when it is cold to the touch.
Advantages of installing a Toyota cold air intake:
- Dense and cool additional air supplied into the engine adds some extra horsepower.
- A more efficient engine is low on gas consumption and that is why the Toyota cold air intake helps your Toyota deliver a better mileage.
- More power output through the stock air box or short ram intake system.
There is a rarely a device which can add so much to your Toyota, whether you own a Toyota passenger car like the Toyota Camry, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Yaris or a Toyota SUV like Toyota Land Cruiser, Toyota Higlander, Toyota FJ Cruiser or a Toyota Pick-up truck like Toyota Tundra and Toyota Tacoma, a Toyota cold air intake can significantly add to the performance of your Toyota vehicle. Why delay, rush to get your Toyota a Toyota cold air intake.