Toyota Door Handle
Toyota is the world's most popular automobile brand. It requires unmatched engineering and design excellence to reach this fate. A car is built by combining several small units together and Toyota ensures that each unit however small is built with supreme precision. A solitary malfunctioning unit can drive way the whole feel good thing out of your car. A very small unit like the door handle when not functioning can keep you out of your car or lock you inside it. Imagine this happens on rainy day when you're carrying a lot of shopping bags out of a store to your car.
Your Toyota door handles are mounted to the inside and outside panels of your car door. Toyota door handles allow your entry and exit out of your Toyota. The door handles function in a way to keep you in command of opening and closing of your Toyota doors. The outer Toyota door handle operate by pulling the handle to open up the door, the inner door handles come with a latch (to provide required extra safety while driving the car) the latch needs to be freed before you pull the handle to open the door.
Due to the small size, your Toyota door handles are habitually ignored. Jammed door handles can be real annoyance when you are in an urgency to go. Majority of the people pay no heed to a car door handle till it gets stuck and won't let you open your car door. As with every Toyota auto part, the door handles also needs regular maintenance. The most common problem with Toyota door handles can be lacking lubrication. A simple maintenance tip to ensure proper functioning of your Toyota door handles would be to ensure lubrication of Toyota doors is performed at regular intervals. In case you feel a slight discomfort when opening your car door proper lubrication to your Toyota door handles can solve the issue. Go to a specialist for check and repair of your Toyota door handles if lubrication doesn't work. Opt for a replacement of Toyota door handles if lubrication and repair doesn't bring back its efficiency. A replacement Toyota door handle can easily be sourced from any of the several auto parts selling websites over the internet, make sure you only go with a trusted brand. Here are a few steps to guide you replace your Toyota Door handles.
Make sure you've: Piece of cloth, the car tool-kit, and a drill and Water shield sealant.
- Ensure all car windows are rolled up and as a precautionary measure disconnect the car battery cable (do it if door has the power locks or windows)
- Separate the inside trim panel from the door.
- Rip the water shield inside on the door, do cautiously without damaging it.
- Unfasten the plastic clip securing the rod that connects the latch to the lock cylinder. You will need to reach into the access hole on the inside of the door to reach it. Remove the lock cylinder's mounting bolt with a wrench or drill out its rivets, then remove the cylinder.
- Detach the door handle from the latch rod through the same access hole by removing its clip. Remove any bolts mounting the handle in place and remove the handle.
- Place the new door handle onto the door, mount it with the old bolts and connect the latch rod to the handle with the rod's clip. Reinstall the old lock cylinder on the door with its old bolts or new rivets and reconnect it to the latch.
- Reconnect the inner trim panel to the door in the reverse order of removal. Use new sealant on the water shield if it won't stick on the door.
And relax; you successfully replaced your Toyota door handles.