World over a Toyota is a prized possession. There is no other automobile company which gathered similar acclaim and acknowledgement across the globe. Such unmatched reputation and brand recognition is result of supreme automotive engineering, constant innovation and a firm approach to customer satisfaction. A Toyota signifies elegant and no compromise attitude of the owner. Every Toyota owner is proud to flaunt the Toyota brand name on his car, what's better way to do it than the Toyota emblem.
Car emblems are strategically placed all across your car body, they have really nothing to do with how your car rides, a broken or rusty emblem will in no way effect how your car drives but it certainly influences the appearance of your car. A bad car emblem on your car may also be considered a reflection of your persona. Car emblems do not call for much attention for maintenance. A proper cleaning and polishing at regular intervals and after a car wash can keep your car emblems shinning. In case your car emblem need replacing you can easily procure a new emblem through any of the several websites selling auto parts over the internet. Replacing a faulty car emblem is rather easy; you just need to be careful with a few things. Here is how to go about replacing your car emblem:
Before you proceed to replace make sure you have a plastic spatula (a credit card would also work), a heat gun (the household blow dryer would work equally fine), screw driver and 3m emblem adhesive.
Removing whatever is there of your broken emblem:
- Confirm your Toyota badge is held simply by adhesive and that it is not screwed on or riveted. Release the hood or trunk, and find in where the emblem sits for bolts. Unscrew remove them from the car. To get rid of the faulty adhesive only emblem, read on!
- Heat up the emblem by focusing a heat gun (household blow dryer would also do) on it.
- Take a plastic spatula (a credit card), try and slide it under the emblem. It will come off rather simply (Never use a sharp edged item like a razor blade for this job as it may remove your paint finish).
- There might be some adhesive left on the car after the emblem is off, you can heat the left over adhesive and scrape it with the plastic spatula (or credit card) and rub it off. Use some hot water to clean.
Putting up the new emblem:
- Clean and dry the surface real good.
- Apply the adhesive on the surface (make sure you apply the adhesive only in the area specified) and also on the back side of the emblem.
- Position the emblem on the surface, do it cautiously, a tilted emblem won't look good.
- Allow a few hours for the adhesive to dry.
And you are ready to cruise with restored pride of your vehicle!
Toyota emblem can be specific to the model like a Toyota Camry emblem, Toyota Corolla emblem, and Toyota Land Cruiser emblem etc. Only choose a high-quality emblem for your Toyota.